Leading collaborative evaluation and research to improve the health of communities.
To implement collaborative and meaningful evaluation and research by
- Designing projects which answer relevant questions
- Providing results that help organizations learn and take action
- Building the capacity of organizations to conduct evaluation
Building relationships is a cornerstone of our work; we value the time and effort needed to authentically engage with evaluation partners.
We are committed to being:
- Relevant to our field and stakeholders – Our work ensures we all learn and take action.
- Enthusiastic about our approach – Joy and laughter are the underpinnings of our practice.
- Leaders in evaluation and research – We pursue excellence in everything we do.
- Trustworthy partners – We foster open communication and build relationships with integrity.
PiER exists to support Kaiser Permanente Colorado’s (KPCO) social mission to improve the health of the communities we serve. The evaluation team began as a small team evaluating KPCO’s grant-making to communities we serve. Over the last few years, under the direction of Dr. Cheryl Kelly, the team has expanded its work to include several external contracts and grants to evaluate various community health initiatives.
The PiER team partners with organizations and funders to conduct programmatic, environmental, policy and system evaluations. PiER’s methods include qualitative and quantitative approaches that focus on designing evaluations collaboratively so that the results and lessons learned are meaningful and useful for our partners.
The team includes researchers and evaluators with content expertise in:
- physical activity
- healthy eating
- placed-based initiatives
- adult and child health
- clinical interventions
- cancer screening
- HPV vaccinations
- patient navigation
- disease management
- medication adherence
- prevention of diabetes and hypertension
And methodological expertise in:
- program evaluation
- multi-site evaluations and cluster analyses
- population dose methodology
Our mission is to implement collaborative and meaningful evaluation and research by designing projects which answer relevant evaluation questions, providing results that help organizations learn and take action, and building the capacity of organizations to conduct evaluation.